METAPHORS ARE CREATIVE

Are you aware of the metaphors your using? I noticed back in the 80's metaphors are creative ie a networker friend shared she used  to say "Give me a break" until it was literal and she broke her leg. 
Then along the way, I noticed some metaphors outa the blue, had a message, a label.  This really caught my attention so I monitor what I say & think.  I was amazed at how many metaphors I used, instead of saying what I meant. It was only fairly recently I noticed those with high energy were broadcast/sent from ?  Some are transparent, easy to notice and others are more subtle.  I used to say "Fat Cats" meaning those wealthy/conspicuous    consumers etc then realized often the fat was real, attracting excess weight.  
Words are creative and perhaps not even our origination. Beware.